Re: [Savannah-users] Unable to add skill to job

From: Asher Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Unable to add skill to job
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 01:27:59 -0400

Bob Proulx <address@hidden> writes:

> however I didn't see any other messages from you from any address and
> I can't find anything in the logs.  So I can't say anything specific
> about whatever previous message you sent.  From this end it looks like
> it didn't arrive.

I tried sending another message signed with PGP/MIME and I think you got
it, but it didn't seem to go to the mailing list.

> Using signed messages PGP or SMIME will not affect the process one way
> or the other.  It has no effect at all on the approval or denial.

I used Gnus to send the message, and I used C-c RET C-s
(mml-secure-message-sign) to sign it using PGP/MIME. For this message, I
used C-c RET s o (mml-secure-message-sign-pgp) to sign it using PGP. My
understanding is that there is inline PGP (which is what I'm using now),
PGP/MIME (which uses the message headers), and S/MIME. Inline PGP works,
but PGP/MIME doesn't seem to work. I haven't tried S/MIME, but I could
try that if it's helpful.

When I look at the raw messages, the one signed with plain PGP has a
header (along with others of course) which looks like this:

The same header on the message signed with PGP/MIME looks like this:

        micalg=pgp-sha512; protocol="application/pgp-signature"

The message signed with PGP/MIME also has the following *below* the
=-=-= line:

My guess is that Mailman sees the "multipart/signed" Content-Type header
and doesn't know how to handle that, so it just throws the message
away. Maybe I should report this as a bug to Mailman?

Asher

- --
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me sprea=
d!