[Savannah-users] CVS hooks on Savannah

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: [Savannah-users] CVS hooks on Savannah
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:32:21 +0200

Hi,

I'm the team leader for the gnu.org Polish translation team, and we
would like to implement cvs hooks on our Savannah CVS repository. Is
this possible?

I read that I would need to add certain files to CVSROOT. I can check
it out, and while it is empty, it exists:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/www-pl/CVSROOT/

but I do not have appear to have write access to it, despite being the
team leader:
cvs commit: ERROR: cannot write file
/cvsroot/www-pl/CVSROOT/commitinfo,v: Permission denied
cvs commit: ERROR: cannot write file
/cvsroot/www-pl/CVSROOT/loginfo,v: Permission denied
cvs commit: ERROR: cannot write file
/cvsroot/www-pl/CVSROOT/postCommit.sh,v: Permission denied
cvs commit: ERROR: cannot write file
/cvsroot/www-pl/CVSROOT/preCommit.sh,v: Permission denied
cvs commit: Rebuilding administrative file database
cvs [commit aborted]: cannot create temporary file .#10977: Permission denied

Does anyone know if I am doing this correctly, or do I need something
more/differently?

Specifically, we would like a bash script to run "msgfilter" on the
translation files before they are committed. Is there a
different/better way of doing this?

Cheers,

Jan