[Savannah-register-public] [task #7656] Submission of gmailreader

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7656] Submission of gmailreader
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:49:07 +0000

In the case where 2 libraries offer the same API, then you can choose the one
you want for your project (e.g. using the LGPL instead of the OpenSSL license
when using the subset of the OpenSSL API implemented in GnuTLS).

However, in 99% cases, you do not have that choice, so there's no ambiguity:
you use the library, and hence you're bound to the library's license.

For a concrete exemple of project bound to its dependency's license before
the final linking, and what it would mean if that weren't the case, you can
look for "NeXT" in http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/pragmatic.html

What you plan to write in the README sounds good, maybe you can also explain
why the project as a whole is licensed that way.

We recommend keeping track of copyright file-per-file, so I don't think it's
necessary to tracker your dependencies' up-to-date copyright in your README.

For trivial files (< 10 lines), no copyright notice is needed because we
believe they are not copyrightable.

Including a copy of version 2 of the GNU GPL is OK.

Hope I answered your questions :)