Re: [savannah-help-public] Accessibility report

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Accessibility report
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 22:51:45 GMT

    I would guess that Mallory & co have seen the precise pieces of HTML
    they are talking about, as part of detecting these problems, so they
    need only tell you what they already know.

    Is that the case?

I hope so.  Mallory & co?

                       and much more time and effort to find where
      > in Savannah's code they are being generated.

    What is hard about this?  Does Savannah's HTML get generated in
    complex ways?  It doesn't get copied from a simple template?

Pages as seen by the user are generated by a combination of php code and
(possibly several) templates, scattered among dozens of directories and
more files.  It's not always a simple job to track down exactly where a
specific piece of HTML comes from.  Feel free to look at the code
yourself if you don't want to take my word for it.

    Are you the main person normally working on Savannah?

Not really, but I am the person who has done most of the small tweaks to
the templates and php code in recent years.  There has not been much --
nothing approaching the scale of what is needed here.

Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> has spent more time on Savannah in
general than anyone else of late, handling project submissions, writing
tools, etc.

Bob Proulx <address@hidden> has been keeping up with most of the system
administration side of things.

A few other people chime in on occasion, which is appreciated, but I
think it's fair to say that the three of us are the ones actively
working on Savannah these days.

Of course more volunteers with time and inclination to dig into
Savannah's depths would be great; like everyone, the three of us have
plenty of other responsibilities and Savannah could always use more
attention.  We have notices out in the usual places.  Perhaps the person
who wrote to you will be able to make progress on this front.

karl