[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106700] Page statistics/log files? revisited

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106700] Page statistics/log files? revisited
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:10:20 +0000

Ok, I spent some time browsing the docs. Webalizer per se cannot split access
files to different outputs, but there are at least three different solutions
(probably more):

* Use webalizer on a subset of the logs. A simple grep can filter the lines
(e.g. with "GET /releases-noredirect/elyxer/") and the result can be fed to
webalizer.

cat access.log | grep "GET /releases-noredirect/elyxer/" > elyxer-access.log
webalizer elyxer-access.log

* Use awstats with an appropriate filter
<http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_setup.html>.

perl awstats.pl -config=elyxer -output=urldetail:/releases-noredirect/elyxer
-staticlinks > awstats.elyxer.urldetailwithfilter.html

Should be easy enough to do and I believe could be automated.
* A homegrown solution. Nothing fancy, just a bash script that counts the
number of times each file appears and outputs it with some format. Probably
the worst of the three as it may need more maintenance.

I have run a silly test of the first option (webalizer) and it is pretty
fast: even with the current access.log for download.sftp it took a couple of
seconds, the results are at webalizer-test/index.html in svadmin's home.

The second option (awstats) probably would require more effort but the
results might be quite better. When I have some more time I will try another
silly test.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106700>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/