[Savannah-help-public] Moving the GNU libmicrohttpd mailman mailing list

From: Christian Grothoff
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:24:39 -0600

Hi there!

I'm the maintainer of GNU libmicrohttpd.  The mailinglist of the project is
(for historical reasons) currently hosted under address@hidden
However, for various reasons it would be nice if we could move that list to
the canonical location for GNU projects (address@hidden).

Naturally, I would like to migrate subscriptions and the archive.  Also, it
has worked quite well so far to have just one list for discussions and
announcements, so I'm not sure that splitting it up into bug-, help- and info-
makes sense (not to mention we have a web-based bugtracker that I'd really
like people to use...).

Would it be possible to just have "address@hidden"?  If not, I think
"help-libmicrohttpd" is probably the most appropriate name for the list.  Now,
given that there is the issue of migrating the existing archive (which is
already public at http://lists.cs.du.edu/mailman/listinfo/libmicrohttpd), the
standard approach of requesting a new list does not seem to apply.  So, what's
the best way to do this migration?

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Christian