Re: [Savannah-help-public] Can't commit web pages: Permission denied (pu

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Can't commit web pages: Permission denied (publickey).
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:42:58 +0100

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 09:28:00PM +0100, Antonio Diaz Diaz wrote:
> Hello Sylvain,
>
> Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>>> I am trying to commit the web pages of 7 projects. Arg_parser, ed,
>>> lzip,  moe and ocrad where correctly updated, but adcd and ddrescue
>>> failed with  the message:
>>>  Permission denied (publickey).
>>
>> This means you cannot initiate the SSH connection. Apparently the SSH
>> key isn't valid, or maybe you didn't use the right username, or maybe
>> you didn't use the right host.  Please post the complete command
>> you're trying to use.
>
> $ export CVS_RSH=ssh
> $ cd ~/savannah/ddrescue/cvs
> $ cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/webcvs/ddrescue checkout ddrescue
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/internet/.ssh/id_dsa':
> cvs checkout: Updating ddrescue
> M ddrescue/ddrescue.html
> M ddrescue/ddrescue_es.html
> $ cd ~/savannah/ddrescue/cvs/ddrescue
> $ cvs commit
> cvs commit: Examining .
> Permission denied (publickey).
> cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
> $
>
> How can ssh work for checkout but not for commit is a mystery for me.
> The same commands work perfectly for the other projects stated above. I
> have only one SSH key registered at Savannah. I think I am doing this as
> explained at https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HomepageUpload.

Can you:

  cat ~/savannah/ddrescue/cvs/ddrescue/CVS/Root

?

Your 'checkout' command is apparently updating an existing
repository. In this case you use explicit repository location with -d
and cvs uses that. When you commit however, cvs uses what's in 'CVS/',
which probably contains a different location.

You could fix CVS/Root or just perform a clean checkout somewhere
else.

--
Sylvain