Re: [Savannah-help-public] Useless SSH key?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Useless SSH key?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:24:09 +0100

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 09:38:55PM +0100, Søren Hauberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm a developer at the GNU Octave project. My Savannah user name is
> 'hauberg'. I need to have SSH access to Savannah such that I can push my
> changes to the Mercurial stuff we're hosting on your site. I've uploaded
> my SSH public key via the web interface, but the web interface tells me
> the following:
>
> "
> Your Savannah password is useless for cvs, rsync, scp and sftp. You have
> to register a SSH Shared key for those purposes.
> "
>
> and indeed when I try to push my changes with Mercurial I get the
> following error:
>
> "
> remote: Permission denied (publickey).
> abort: no suitable response from remote hg!
> "
>
> I uploaded my SSH key about 24 hours ago, so assume that whatever cron
> jobs that needs to be executed, have already finished.
>
> I don't know what else to tell you, but I'd appreciate any help you can
> provide on this issue.
>
> Thanks,

According to my tests your account is properly setup and the keys are
there.

(the red warning is about using passwords for SSH-based access, it's a
bit misleading but it doesn't mean anything is wrong)

Maybe you're not using the right host. Please copy/paste the mercurial
command you're using, or its configuration (remote repository).

--
Sylvain