[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106304] Bug spam from logged in spammers?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106304] Bug spam from logged in spammers?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:03:19 +0000

> Another thing that I wonder about is running some kind of
> simple-minded spamassassin-like test on comments before they
> are posted. The spam that gets posted is completely obvious
> and I'd expect any program would detect it. Do any other
> hosting sites do this?

Generally speaking mail anti-spam tools aren't much efficient against
comments spam.

In this case we're willing to block people whose URLs usually aren't in the
URL block-lists yet. In addition several spammers do include part of the page
content along with their URLs (including legitimate URLs) which means they
aren't so easy to block.

So if there's a way to detect such spam on the fly, I'm willing to implement
it, but I doubt it.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106304>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/