[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106304] Bug spam from logged in spammers?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106304] Bug spam from logged in spammers?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:41:53 +0000

>From what I remember it was registered 12th january, so it did pass the
TextCHA.

My understanding of the stats is that spammers combine initial manual setup
with later automated spamming. In this case I presume the spammer's cronjob
reported a failure to login, triggered manual check (reading the GNU manifesto
page), fixing the cronjob and running it again.

Not all spammers have error reporting though, as shown by the ridiculously
high number of blocked anonymous spam.

So I guess we need to implement 10-20 questions instead of one, and also make
it less automatable by storing the currently selected question on the
server-side rather than in a form field.

I'm not sure why spammers insist on posting urls here though, trackers item
doesn't get a particularly high google rank in general..

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106304>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/