[Savannah-help-public] [gnu.org #400669] Spam from e-mail addresses

From: Ward Vandewege via RT
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [gnu.org #400669] Spam from e-mail addresses
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:05:17 -0500

> [beuc - Mon Jan 12 01:27:22 2009]:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 03:46:25PM -0500, Ward Vandewege via RT wrote:
> > > [peabo - Tue Dec 30 17:02:17 2008]:
> > >
> > > This appears to be fixed (perhaps not in the most elegant way,
since it
> > > might be nicer to route the message to the bit bucket; right now it
> > > generates a bounce to the sender).
> >
> > I've fixed this properly by removing the fallback to fencepost for
> > @savannah.gnu.org addresses (preserving the couple of @savannah.gnu.org
> > aliases we have defined). Savannah hackers, feel free to report this
> > kind of issue to us directly in the future.
>
> I'm afraid this broke a number of aliases, in particular
> address@hidden and address@hidden which,
> if they don't receive mail, need to be valid senders.
>
> Check /com/mailer/aliases.
>
> Mails were bounced because of this.
> Please revert this change!

Ah, sorry about that. I've copied the relevant info from
/com/mailer/aliases:

savannah-help-public: address@hidden
# - Savane's automated e-mails
INVALID.NOREPLY: :blackhole:
# - CVS rsync'd repositories
amrsync: :blackhole:
coreutilsrsync: :blockhole:
gccrsync: :blackhole:
libcrsync: :blackhole:
gawkrsync: :blackhole:
www-data: :blackhole:

and added them to the aliases on monty python. Now, the downside of this
is that you can no longer add entries to this file. If you want to be
able to edit it, we could set up a cron job that rsyncs it off a place
on savannah somewhere, if you like.

The upside is that we no longer have funky mail routing for
@savannah.gnu.org.

Thanks,
Ward.

--