[Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #104959] Repositories inaccessible from b

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #104959] Repositories inaccessible from behind the proxy.
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:30:22 +0530

> Firstly, you need to distinguish Savane (the software) and Savannah (one of
> the hosts using Savane). You previously 'spammed' two Savane mailing lists
> :)

Sorry about that. If you can tell me the mailing lists I spammed, I would be able to rectify the error and repeat it.

I just thought that some of my fellow maintainers might have faced the same problem, and would thus be able to help me out. Being a new maintainer, I was of the view that address@hidden would also be an apt place. But my apologies for having caused any inconvenience, which is deeply regretted.

> Thirdly, you need to be more specific, I still don't know if you plan to
> perform an anonymous or a member access. Explain what you didn't, what didn't
> work, what error messages you got.

I was trying to perform a member access for my project- GNU Songanizer. To be more precise, I was trying to upload the web pages for my project's home page.

I got hold of connect.c from the location given in the FAQ, compiled and put it in /usr/local/bin. chmoded it to 755 to give it execute permissions. Then I wrote the following lines to ~/.ssh/config:
Host cvs.savannah.gnu.org
                ProxyCommand connect -H http://172.16.20.2:3128 %h %p
because my proxy's IP is 172.16.20.2 and as it is SQUID the port we use is 3128.
I then created a sshwrapper (/usr/local/bin/sshwrapper) containing the following:
#! /bin/sh
exec ssh -p 443 $*
and set CVS_RSH to /usr/local/bin/sshwrapper

However $cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden/sources/songanizer co songanizer now gives the following:
sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
FATAL: Cannot decide password for proxy authentication.ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I separately tried $connect -H 172.16.20.2:3128 cvs.savannah.gnu.org/web/songanizer 443, but it gave the following:
FATAL: failed to begin relaying via HTTP.

Before the above thing, I had tried using Tor, and privoxy too. However that too did not work out. I will give you the details in a subsequent mail.

It would be great if you could help me out.

Thanks a lot...

Regards,
Debarshi