[Savannah-help-public] Re: anon CVS from savannah stopped working...

From: Boris Aronov
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: anon CVS from savannah stopped working...
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:17:11 -0400 (EDT)

   Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:34:30 +0200
   From: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>

   > As for password authentication, I am not sure if it's disabled by
   > default.  I only tried the client and it seems to have connected w/o
   > any trouble, except that it tried to prompt for some "interactive"
   > something.
   >
   > Thanks for responding.

   We're looking around supporting pserver again.

Thanks for letting me know.

   Meanwhile I think you'll need to install a version of OpenSSH in your
   user account.

As I have written in a previous msgs, with some slight strange warning
msgs, the newer version of non-commercial F-Secure SSH works on my
machine.  So there is no urgent need to install OpenSSH.  I am not
opposed to OpenSSH, by the way.  It's just I had some very strange
problems with key files and other similar (mis)features between
different versions on SSH (original ssh1 and ssh2, and openssh,
various versions, then putty on PCs etc etc etc...) so I am reluctant
to start another round of fighting with the software...

Cheers,
        --Boris