[Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #104299] upload of wget 1.10 tarball

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #104299] upload of wget 1.10 tarball
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:39:10 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:22:36PM -0500, Mauro Tortonesi wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2005 02:56 pm, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > You need to read this:
> > http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Automated-FTP-Uploads.html
> >
> > :)
>
> i already did. in fact i already submitted my GPG key for registration on
> address@hidden about 30 min ago (BTW, i tried to upload the tarball
> immediately 5 minutes after sending the email, just in case the GPG key was
> already registered - of course it was not and the upload failed miserably).
>
> i was confused because i though that i could use savannah to upload tarballs
> in ftp.gnu.org.
>
> and i am still confused because i don't know:
>
> 1) if my SSH key has been registered for my mtortonesi account on GNU servers
>    (i still can't access those servers)

What to you call "GNU servers"?  If you mean fencepost, then you
should write to address@hidden - same process.

> 2) if my GPG key has been registered in the GNU maintainers DB (and, if not,
>    how long it will take before i will be able to use the FTP upload
>    procedure)

This is a manual process handled by the FSF sysadmins.

> 3) why a maintainer should ever need to register his GPG key twice (one on
>    address@hidden and another on address@hidden) - shouldn't maintainers
>    be automatically needed FTP upload access?

Dunno, maybe you should ask the sysadmins when they get back to you. I believe
they do a tighter identify check.

> 4) will i ever receive a confirmation that my SSH key is enabled for
> accessing
>    GNU servers and that my GPG key is enabled for automated FTP upload?

Yes, the sysadmins should send you a mail once that is done.

I agree this is confusing, but the 2 systems are separate. I'd
consider ftp.gnu.org for all kind of official, mirrored release, and
Savannah's as a more convenient download area.

--
Sylvain