[Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #104299] upload of wget 1.10 tarball

From: Mauro Tortonesi
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #104299] upload of wget 1.10 tarball
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:22:36 -0500

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 02:56 pm, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> You need to read this:
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Automated-FTP-Uploads.html
>
> :)

i already did. in fact i already submitted my GPG key for registration on
address@hidden about 30 min ago (BTW, i tried to upload the tarball
immediately 5 minutes after sending the email, just in case the GPG key was
already registered - of course it was not and the upload failed miserably).

i was confused because i though that i could use savannah to upload tarballs
in ftp.gnu.org.

and i am still confused because i don't know:

1) if my SSH key has been registered for my mtortonesi account on GNU servers
   (i still can't access those servers)
2) if my GPG key has been registered in the GNU maintainers DB (and, if not,
   how long it will take before i will be able to use the FTP upload
   procedure)
3) why a maintainer should ever need to register his GPG key twice (one on
   address@hidden and another on address@hidden) - shouldn't maintainers
   be automatically needed FTP upload access?
4) will i ever receive a confirmation that my SSH key is enabled for accessing
   GNU servers and that my GPG key is enabled for automated FTP upload?

could you please help me claryfing this points?

thank you very much in advance.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition  http://www.ihmc.us
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget