Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of B23cms - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of B23cms - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:14:05 +0100

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 06:15:28PM -0500, Diego Escalante wrote:
> Ok, i will send you one as soon as possible.
> The part of
> > As described in the same document, you need to add a copyright notice
> > to each file of more than 10 lines. However, this need not be the GNU
> > GPL (it has to be GNU GPL-compatible to be hosted at Savannah,
> > though)
> was sort of confusing for me. English is not my native language, iif
> you can make it clearer to me i will be thankful.

Sorry, I meant:

You need to add a copyright and license notice to each file of more
than 10 lines.

You can use another notice than the GNU GPL. For short documents, you
can use a short all-permissive license as described in the "License
notice" page, or the GNU Free Documentation License.

If you use another license than the GNU GPL, it has to be compatible
with the GNU GPL. Check www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html to see
which licenses are compatible with the GNU GPL.

--
Sylvain