Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Capture Defense - savannah.nongnu.o

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Capture Defense - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:07:26 +0100

Hi,

> Michael D. Reiland <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: mbsd
> Other License:
> Package: Capture Defense
> System name: capturedefense
> Type: non-GNU

> We are developing a small game using C++/SDL.  The code will be licensed
> under the BSD license, and all other materials pertaining to the game(art,
> sounds, etc.) will be public domain, either before we use them, or released
> into the public domain by the author who donated them to our project.
>
> The game will be used as a teaching tool for creating games using C++/SDL.
> As such, it will be rather small, but not so simple that it could be written
> in a day.
>
> Furthermore, all documentation will use either html, txt, rtf, or
> abw(abiword) format.  We will use no non-open standards.

Beware of the word 'open'.

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software movement, not
projects of the Open Source movement.

We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software
that is not dependent on proprietary software.

While Open Source as defined by its founders means
something pretty close to Free Software, it's frequently
misunderstood.  For more information, please see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

Hence, we prefer the term 'free'.

> At this time we are still in the planning stages, and have no source code to
> show.
>

> Other Software Required:
> SDL
> Xfree/Xorg

I have approved your project.  You will receive an automated e-mail
containing detailed information about the approval.

Regards,

--
Sylvain