Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Truncated tarball from git.savannah.gnu.or

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Truncated tarball from git.savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 14:20:40 -0500

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot/emacs-master.tar.xz

EZ> I get only about 11MB worth of data, less than half of what I expect.
EZ> Sounds like some limitation, either by download time or by something
EZ> else, kicks in?

It looks like there is a 60 second limit.

And the transmission is unnaturally slow.  My test averaged only 154KB/s
even though I ran it on a machine in a very well connected data center
near Boston which supports more than 1G incoming bandwidth.

The 60s limit needs to be much longer; I doubt that it should be any
less than ten minutes.

And it would likely take an hour to grab such a snapshot over a dialup,
if anyone is still stuck with one of those.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6