Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] volunteering

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] volunteering
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:12:31 +0100

Hi Michael,

> Thanks for your interesting in helping out. :)

Glad to finally start doing something for GNU :)

> The review looks fine.  For future reference, we have two scripts to
> assist with project review "response crafting."
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration.git/tree/approvals
>
> One for emacs and one for vim.

Ah yes, I read about those while at work but I forgot to download it at
home. I checked it out and it seems pretty straight-forward.

> Let's focus on the help wanted area.  There's already a support request,
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106581, which we can use to discuss
> the issue (feel free to post your ideas there).
>
> I agree, having open "help wanted" items from 2001 just isn't helpful.

Ok, I'll go ahead and post my ideas on that ticket!

> That's an interesting idea.  Some projects only use Savannah for
> webhosting though, so they have no uploaded code.  I think it's better
> to focus on cleaning up the old "help wanted" posts first.

Yes, I figured it wouldn't be a very straight-forward task and each case
would require some in-depth investigation. Anyway, should the idea ever
come up, keep me in mind for some of the grunt work.

> What's your username on Savannah, is it brandon?

Yes, that's me. Long-time browser, only recently registered.

Cheers,
Brandon