[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah project

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah projects to http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/X/
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:48:44 +0200

Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> I think we can proceed this way:
>
> - Give me a list of projects to rename (old name -> new name). Check
>   whether there're project mailing lists to rename and give me a list
>   too.

Old             New             Mailing lists
arabic          www-ar
wwwcat          www-ca
wwwcz           www-cs          address@hidden,
                                address@hidden,
                                address@hidden
wwwda           www-da
germanwebtrans  www-de          address@hidden
elwebtrans      www-el          address@hidden
spanish         www-es          address@hidden
persian         www-fa          address@hidden
french          www-fr          address@hidden
targnum         www-he          address@hidden,
                                address@hidden
trans-id        www-id          address@hidden
wwwit           www-it
wwwku           www-ku
wwwmk *         www-mk
gmp             www-ml
wwwnb           www-nb          address@hidden
tradutoresbr    www-pt-br
wwwro           www-ro
wwwru           www-ru          address@hidden
wwwsq           www-sq
wwwsr           www-sr          address@hidden
wwwta           www-ta          address@hidden
thaitrans       www-th          address@hidden,
                                address@hidden
wwwtl           www-tl
g-nut           www-tr
ukrainian       www-uk          address@hidden
chinese         www-zh-cn       address@hidden

The "wwwmk" project can be safely deleted -- 1 member, no mailing
lists, empty repositories and no trackers activity.  We are in the
process of establishing a new Macedonian team.  The same can be said
about "wwwtl" and probably others.

The following projects need to be changed to the type "www.gnu.org
translation team":

arabic, spanish, targnum, trans-id, gmp, tradutoresbr, wwwro, wwwsr,
thaitrans, ukrainian, chinese

> - You warn the project members and I rename the projects meanwhile.

I am CCing the list now and will send separate per-project mails to
all members within tomorrow.

> - I disable webpages on-commit replication for translation projects
>   (to avoid recreating old webpages locations during the move)

You can do this right now, only a few teams have checked in files in
their web repositories.

> - We then send Joshua 2 lists:
>
>   - a list of old webpage locations to remove (the nongnu.org/wwwXX
>     pages, in particular)
>
>   - the list of translation projects to map to
>     http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/<foo>)

These should be all projects, no?  And by default it ought to work
automagically for new projects creation.

> - Joshua will then be able to:
>
>   - map the list of translation projects to the new locations
>
>   - modify new-savannah-project/new.py to handle a new 'type'
>     parameter value for when we create new translation projects in the
>     future.
>
> Does that sound good?

Sounds perfect.  I was not aware that the renaming of the projects
will go hand in hand with the remapping.  Thus we will solve the
problem once and for all and I can stop tormenting you :-)