reproduce-devel

[Reproduce-devel] [task #15262] Source code downloads and Job manager

From: Mohammadreza Khellat
Subject: [Reproduce-devel] [task #15262] Source code downloads and Job manager
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 00:18:14 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #15262 (project reproduce):

        Percent Complete:                     80% => 0%

Follow-up Comment #27:

Mohammad,yeah i remember our lengthy discussions around this.

I refer you to the quote from the same text in which the master is defining
what he means by complexity and being hard to read.

This code is difficult to read,” said Master Foo. β€œIt is only thinly
commented, its invariants are not specified, and I see no narrative
description of its architecture or internal data structures anywhere. These
problems will seriously impede your cooperation with other programmers.”

Again, in our case, it goes back to the purpose of commit messages which was
the first thing we discussed in these comments. There are multiple examples of
plaintext contents specifically designed for terminals which satisfy the rules
of "standard output" none of which is a limit on a line length.

So i place that line rule not as a low-level requirement but as a suggestion
made by a friend, due to habbit. That is the main topic of our discussions
here.

And one more friendy tip on the side: we have never been among those who would
refer to the majority as an illustration or indication of a point! At least, i
know that in your work in astronomoy you have never tried to follow such a
path. So, it was weird when i saw " as many other projects " in your comment.

Again please be careful, my objection to the convention is to part of it as
being described as mandatory or low-level requirement.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15262>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/