repo-criteria-discuss

[Repo-criteria-discuss] Revisiting self-hosting (as applies to Gitea)

From: David Seaward
Subject: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Revisiting self-hosting (as applies to Gitea)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 01:12:44 +0200

Hello,

> as far as i know, it is not the intention of this group to evaluate
> any software applications such as gitea or kalithea or any other -
> but to evaluate and list the reasonably popular public hosting
> services such as github and bitbucket

My reading is that evaluations of self-hostable solutions have been
suggested a few times but not decided either way. I was curious about
evaluating so I decided to just go for it.

I am a Gitea user, not a Gitea developer, but there has been a mild-to-
warm response on their issue list (as well as practical results like
fixing LibreJS issues). They also provide a test instance which serves
as a helpful reference point. I am very close to closing off the
remaining issues (see other email).

Hope that clears things up. If there's a definitive request to not
report on Gitea anymore, I'm happy to oblige... and start on Launchpad!
;)

Regards,
David

P.S. This message may not thread correctly, sorry about that :P
It follows on from

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2017-10/msg000
02.html