API versioning and backward compatibility discussion

From: Eric L. Zolf
Subject: API versioning and backward compatibility discussion
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 07:29:47 +0200

Hello,

Patrik and I are discussing the new API versioning scheme we're trying
to put in place to make sure we don't introduce incompatibilities in the
client/server connection in an uncontrolled manner, like we did between
v1.x and v2.x.

If you are interested, the discussion is taking place in the PR #458,
feel free to review and comment the changes proposed, and join the
discussion.

KR, Eric

PR #458: https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/pull/458