Re: Advantages of using ZFS with rdiff-backup

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: Re: Advantages of using ZFS with rdiff-backup
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 07:24:26 -0400

Ha ha,

I get those articles reviewed. But I guess it's human to have an error

slips into the text. Will get it fixed.

Agree with you, adding lz4 to rdiff-backup would prove to be beneficial in
the long run.

lz4 provides a huge performance boost if we compare with gzip. The python
implementation of gzip is not very fast if we compare it with "gzip"
command line. It's another reason to disable compression in rdiff-backup.
It really speeds up the backup.
While developing Rdiffweb <https://www.ikus-soft.com/en/rdiffweb/> I saw
the difference.

But I really love to pair rdiff-backup with ZFS. Both of them are very

powerful and make my backup the safest as possible. Glad you enjoy the

articles.

--
IKUS Software inc.
https://www.ikus-soft.com/