Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --check-destination-dir taking a very long time

From: Eric Lavarde
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --check-destination-dir taking a very long time
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 20:28:29 +0200

Hi,

On 12/09/2019 19:39, Patrik Dufresne wrote:
Note that BTRFS is no longer supported in RHEL 8

That is a very interesting fact. Now I'm wondering what is the alternative
proposed by RHEL.

Easy: XFS.

Notice: I'm working for Red Hat, so any statement of positive nature is to be looked at with some septicism :-P

The story is that we never got the stability we expected from BTRFS and hence dropped the support, and went for XFS. On the other hand, SuSE continues with btrfs, so your mileage might vary.

KR, Eric