Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fully Patched version

From: Kevin Fenzi
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fully Patched version
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 09:47:52 -0600

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 00:59:03 +1000 (EST)
Dave Kempe <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Patrik,
> I believe we do have plans to release a new version. Wes has actually
> been working away on getting things worked out and we are just
> deciding on whether we release it all as 1.4 to try and start fresh,
> or something else. Any suggestions or patches we must include but
> might not be aware of, will be gladly received. I believe Wes was
> hoping to make a release next week sometime, but perhaps later
> depending on some other commitments he has.

It would be great if the patches we carry in Fedora were upstreamed:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/rdiff-backup.git/tree/

Also, may I humbly suggest doing RC versions or some 1.3.90 releases
before 1.4.0? It would be good to test out releases, make sure whats
included, find any obvious bugs, etc before pushing the 1.4.0
release. ;)

kevin