Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Q) Is rdiff backup being maintained ?

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Q) Is rdiff backup being maintained ?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 12:58:05 +0100

Alex, I believe Daniel Miller is working on a new project inspired by rdiff-backup, I think he will post here when it is ready for others to try. I don't think its archives will be compatible with rdiff-backup.

For most of us rdiff-backups works and works very well indeed. Users like myself would really appreciate some generous volunteer (who understands the code, unlike me!) creating and then maintaining a fork (which in due course could become rdiff-backup2?), so that ongoing bugs can be addressed. I'm not sure whether it would be best to start from 1.2.8 (stable), 1.3.3 (unstable, but I haven't heard of many problems) or CVS.

Dominic
http://www.timedicer.co.uk/