Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: "Truncated header string" error, how to dia

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: "Truncated header string" error, how to diagnose?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 11:16:38 +0200 (CAT)

Hi Chris,

On Sun, 11 May 2008, Chris G wrote:

whereas the 1.0.5 was a root/system installion.

I think that's the problem but I can't work out how to fix it, any rdiff-backup command, e.g.:-

   ssh address@hidden rdiff-backup --version

simply returns with no output.  All other commands executed like this
(at least all the ones I've tried) work fine.

Since 1.1.15 is installed in your user account, perhaps the environment necessary to access it isn't loaded when you ssh with a command (which doesn't run a login shell)?

Could you try creating a wrapper script on the remote side that sets PYTHONPATH=/home/ibsd/.../lib/python (or wherever rdiff_backup/Main.py is located under your home) and then runs rdiff-backup?

Cheers, Chris.
--