Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --never-drop-acls

From: David Andel
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --never-drop-acls
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:04:26 +0200

Hi Andrew

> Do you have pylibacl installed? That is necessary for Python to be able
> to read and modify the ACL entries on teh filesystem. Without it
> installed, it will report this error.

Yes, on the destination machine this is installed (Debian Version:
0.2.1-3.1).

> You can confirm whether or not rdiff-backup is loading the pylibacl
> module by running with the -v4 option. Near the top of the output it
> will say.

Now this is interesting: on my test machine with version 1.1.15
installed I get a table of "Detected abilities" printed with this
option. On the server where there is version 1.1.5 no table is being
printed.
Unfortunately, I did not find the option -v4 in the documentation.
Is there a way to get this info without this option or do I have to
install a newer version?

David