[rdiff-backup-users] problems after upgrading to Leopard

From: John Joseph Bachir
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] problems after upgrading to Leopard
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 01:40:46 -0400

Hi folks.

After I upgraded my system to OS X 10.5, my rdiff-backup invocation is failing with this error:

------
Fatal Error: New quoting requirements

This may be caused when you copy an rdiff-backup directory from a
normal file system on to a windows one that cannot support the same
characters.  If you want to risk it, remove the file
rdiff-backup-data/chars_to_quote.

Adding --override-chars-to-quote '' solves the problem-- but I am curious why this problem only happened after the upgrade to Leopard. I suppose maybe the capabilities/characteristics of the file system(s) are being reported differently?

I am running 1.0.5

Thanks for any ideas.

John

--