[rdiff-backup-users] Unable to restore from read only locations

From: Andrew Price
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Unable to restore from read only locations
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:33:26 +0000

This has been discussed on this list before but I don't think there were
any conclusions. I'm still experiencing a bug where rdiff-backup fails
to restore backups from read only file systems (CDs, DVDs, read-only
mount points etc.) It seems to want to write a restore.log to the
restore source, which seems a strange place to write it to.

Anyway, I'm using rdiff-backup 1.1.5 (Ubuntu package) for testing my
graphical user backup utility, pybackpack. I've not tried the
development version of rdiff-backup yet. Is this bug fixed in the
development version?

I hope there is a way to restore from read only locations because this
is something pybackpack really should support to be useful.

Thanks

--
Andy Price