Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup problems (FC4 -> VFAT)

From: Wiebe Cazemier
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup problems (FC4 -> VFAT)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:51:52 +0200

As a follow-up on my previous reply:

I tested what happens if I mess up the mtime of a file in the backup-archive. When restoring, the data of the metafile is used, so no worries there.

I also tried adding files to the archive and then restoring. The files I manually added are not restored, so no worries there either.

So it seems you don't have much to worry about, putting your backup on a partition which Windows can access, but still, FAT32... I wouldn't risk it... I've lost several gigabytes several times because of FAT32.