[rdiff-backup-users] hi all help for newbie

From: manu aradhya
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] hi all help for newbie
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:06:08 +0000 (GMT)

 hi all iam very new to rdiff-backup   i have huge
file (databasefile (binary)) which will grow
regularly. at first i want to take full backup of it,
then everyday i want to take incremental backups
(diffs).i tried with rdiff-backup,
             1) for the first backup, a mirror copy of
source file will be copied in the backed directory. is
it the full backup, because everytime this file will
be overwritten.
                If i want to restore do i need to
start from this  first time backed file, and then do i
need to restore diffs on the same file.

i am little bit confused pls somebody explain me.

i just need a full backup of the source file for the
first time (this fullbackup is going to written on to
cdrw).and everyday a incremental backup (diff).how to
restore once again ? pls somebody suguest me some
ideas.
 -manu

Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com