RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno 27 - File too large

From: Törrönen, Paul-Erik
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno 27 - File too large
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:54:01 +0200

I had the same problem with RH8.0 until the 2.4.20-13 kernel came.
The problem is that the smbfs-module had a file-size limit of 32bit.
I do the backup in the other way:

1. Mount SMB-share on Windows to Linux fs-structure
2. Run rdiff-backup on that directory to a backup-partition
3. Unmount SMB-share

When the SMB-share had larger than 2GB files, they showed
up as files with >16TB sizes when viewed with 'ls -lah'
and similary filled the backup-partition very efficiently.

So my advise is to check whether your smbfs module can
handle filesizes larger than 2GB.

Poltsi

Paul-Erik Törrönen
Cardinal Information Systems Ltd
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 C, 00150 Helsinki, FINLAND
E-mail: address@hidden
Mobile: +358 (0) 40 703 1231
Phone: +358 (0) 424 162 4204
Fax: +358 (0) 424 162 4207