[rdiff-backup-users] RFE - keep a certain number of increments

From: Alan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] RFE - keep a certain number of increments
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:19:35 -0700

Hey folks.  Is there a way to tell rdiff-backup to keep a certain number
of files?  I currently use remove-older-than which works great, but I'd
like it to keep N incremental backups regardless of how old they are.
My reasoning for this is that I was having some problems with my remote
backup host and finally got around to getting them fixed today.  As the
last backup was a while ago (~15D) and I use remove-older-than 10D (to
keep disk usage down), when I finally got a good backup today I only
have one, which is fine, but it makes me a bit nevous still.

What would be cool is an option similar to --remove-older-than that
would be something like --keep-number-backups 4 which would keep the
last 4 backups, regardless of how old they were.

Comments?

alan

--
Alan <address@hidden> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain