[RP] Proposal to rename some functions

From: Jeff Abrahamson
Subject: [RP] Proposal to rename some functions
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 21:22:09 +0200

I'm very tempted to rename a handful of badly named (imho) functions.  If this will overly ruffle feathers, let me know and I won't do it.  I know such things are sometimes viewed as detrimental.  I view it as "helping new developers not have the pain I have of function names that don't communicate well to me".

I'm thinking of things like find_window_number(), which does not find the window number but finds the window whose number is.  By way of example, I would rename that function find_window_by_number().

Of course, I don't plan to do this as a big project, but rather as I get annoyed enough with a name, I'll submit a single patch for that single name.

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57
+44 7920 594 255    <-- only if I'm in the UK

http://jeff.purple.com/
http://blog.purple.com/jeff/