Re: [RP] binding hyper

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: Re: [RP] binding hyper
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 04:38:42 -0500

On 8/23/05, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:

>> There is no syntax for "<WindowsKey>", RP binds actions to keysyms.
>> Specifically, keysyms written in the Emacs keyboard macro format.
>> If said key is bound to Hyper_L, for example, then you want
>>
>>    definekey top H-s vsplit
>
> Yeah, that's exactly what I meant - thanks.  <WindowsKey> was a
> placeholder for what I was looking for.  So, I guess I need to verify
> that my windows key is Hyper_L then and H-s should work, correct?

Make sure your windows key is Hyper_L and make sure that it is
attached to one of the modifiers. xmodmap lists the modifiers. I have
Hyper_L attached to Mod5.

Bringing this back up because I never got around to getting it working:
  $ xmodmap
  xmodmap:  up to 4 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

  shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
  lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
  control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)
  mod1        Alt_L (0x40),  Alt_R (0x71),  Alt_L (0x7d),  Meta_L (0x9c)
  mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
  mod3
  mod4        Super_L (0x7f),  Hyper_L (0x80)
  mod5        Mode_switch (0x5d),  ISO_Level3_Shift (0x7c)

xev gives me "Super_L" for my windows key.  Hitting something
arbitrary in ratpoison, like: C-t,Super_L+; produces "readkey: unbound
key 'semicolon'".

I would expect this to say "s-semicolon", as it works for all other mod keys.

Can someone explain where I am going wrong?  I have no idea what I'm
missing.  Super_L works perfectly as a modifier key under a few other
WMs.