Re: [RP] rpwspl behaviour

From: Matthew Sackman
Subject: Re: [RP] rpwspl behaviour
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 09:09:58 +0100

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 11:44:00PM -0400, Shawn Betts wrote:
> Matthew Sackman <address@hidden> writes:
> > Is it just me or do other people suffer from windows either leaking from
> > one group to another or windows vanishing completely? This tends to
> > happen when switching rapidly between workspaces whilst under heavy
> > load.
>
> You can sequence commands like so:
>
> ratpoison -c cmd1 -c cmd2 -c cmd3
>
> it won't return til cmd3 finishes.

Mmm, that won't help though as the issue is a race between separate
instances of the frestore, select, gselect trio used to switch
workspaces.

> You might also want to create a lock file so the script blocks until
> the lock is released. I somehow thought there already was locking to
> address this or a very similar issue.

Yeah, I was under that impression too. But rpwspl is basically unuseable
for me because of windows disappearing so if there is locking in there
it's not solving the problem.

Matthew
--
Matthew Sackman