[RP] Re: ratpoison idea

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: [RP] Re: ratpoison idea
Date: Sun Apr 6 03:48:03 2003

Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> [20030406 12:16]:
> This is exactly the reason I developed ratmenu in the first
> place. Third party apps, each program doing a single task,  are
> the Unix, and the ratpoison way.  Internal bloat and wank are
> not.

However it's not good when ratmenu makes keybindings act in
unexpected ways. I want to able to do ^T ^W, see the window list
and then immidiately be able to do actions on the current. It's
counterintuitive that that command acts on the ratmenu window.

Another solution to this might be if ratpoison could ignore
certain windows, group transients with their parents, or
something like that.

Anyway, if you're going to have a window list built in, why not
make it useful? Making a useless feature useful i would call the
opposite of bloating, rather than wank.

--
Björn Lindström <address@hidden>
Home page: http://hem.fyristorg.com/bkhl/