Re: [RP] in preparation for an 0.1.0 release

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: [RP] in preparation for an 0.1.0 release
Date: 02 Mar 2001 16:35:15 -0800

"Chr. v. Stuckrad" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 01:09:03PM -0800, Ryan Yeske wrote:
> > shawn <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > So things are getting really close to a release. I've updated the docs
> > > and the man page (someone who actually knows what all those nasty
> > > formatting commands do might want to audit my work).
> > >
> > > If you have any last minute fixes, speak now.
> >
> > <silence>
>
> Hi!
>
> May be this will (not?) be something to fix, but...
>
> Did somebody *correctly* solve the problems with the 'outlandish'
> keyboards?

I'm afraid I don't understand what an 'outlandish' keyboard is.

> I'd need '<AltGr>+' giving '~' but in the newer
> LINUX-(X11-something-4)-settings all my old ways
> to 'xmodmap' a key fail.  I assume there is a new
> way to define those otherwise missing characters?
> (those 'missing' ASCII chars are:
>   ~ \ { [ ] } @ |
> which are generated by a kind of modifier <AltGr>)

I haven't messed around with AltGr, but everything that I used to do
with xmodmap in XFree86 3.3.x still works in XFree86 4.x.

Can you give an example of what have you tried doing with xmodmap that
no longer works?

> So is this ?
> - something fixed
> - something to be fixed
> - something better left alone
> - something for the next release ???

If I understand you correctly, you want a certain keypress to generate
a certain keysym.  If this is true, it has nothing to do with
ratpoison commands and I think it involves your keyboard and your X
server.

Ryan