ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Preview images on a Mac

From: Andy Maloney
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Preview images on a Mac
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:47:00 -0500

Sorry for the delay, but here goes a recap of the things I've done with everybody's suggestions in order to get preview working on a mac.
Thanks again for the help everyone.

Andy_

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM, niku <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 03:57:16PM +0530, niku wrote:

> The 2nd suggests a solution: try changing the library’s permission to
> something suitable. My permissions:
>
> address@hidden:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/w3m/w3mimgdisplay
> -rwxr-sr-x 1 root video 26560 May 22  2012 /usr/lib/w3m/w3mimgdisplay
>
> Note that `s' is *critical*; and I am in the `video' group. (Users not
> in the `video' group on my system cannot use w3mimgpreview.)

An inaccuracy: Apparently neither `s', nor the group `video' is
necessary.

Just allow yourself execute permission to the w3mimgdisplay file.