radiusplugin-users

Re: [Radiusplugin-users] Anyone knows how to use Radiusplugin to limit c

From: Ralf Lübben
Subject: Re: [Radiusplugin-users] Anyone knows how to use Radiusplugin to limit client's traffic?
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:06:49 +0200

Hi,

the RADIUS server can support it in combination with OpenVPN:

1) The RADIUS server cannot disconnect a user from OpenVPN, but OpenVPN re-
authenticates a user in a specific interval which can be configured with the
option "--reneg-sec", than the authentication/re-authentication will fail, if
the user exceeds a traffic limit.
So the traffic limit will not be kept exactly but approximately.

2) The RADIUS server can reject authentication requests, if the some values
are exceeded. This is implemented by "Rlm_sqlcounter", examples can be found
in the freeradius directory "freeradius/sql/postgresql", a installation guide
at http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sqlcounter .
You should consider the RADIUS accounting attributes "Acct-Input-Octets",
"Acct-Output-Octets", "Acct-Input-Gigawords" and "Acct-Output-Gigawords".

I would be great if you can post a complete solution if you find one.

Regards,
Ralf