quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Converting the latex documentation?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Converting the latex documentation?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:38:57 +0200

Hi Martin,

> But the last two ones are needed because of the LaTeX documentation, which
> needs a *lot* of stuff if you want text and htmp versions in addition to
> pdf.
>
> So, if nobody objects, I plan to convert the .tex documentation to the POD
> format (the perl online documentation). It is not as powerful as tex, but it
> can be converted to a large panel of formats without difficulties.
>
> Any objection?

Yes, I object. First of all, isn't quilt a bit overkill just to build
packages with a static set of patches?

Then, if you insist on using quilt, you still don't need the
documentation to build packages, do you? So, just make two separate
quilt packages, quilt and quilt-doc, and you're done. No need to
reformat an otherwise very good looking documentation.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare