quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Make problems with 0.43 and up

From: Dustin Mitchell
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Make problems with 0.43 and up
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 01:37:12 -0600

IMHO, supporting non-GNU versions shouldn't be necessary -- GNU make is available on most platforms, and quilt depends on lots of other GNU utilities. However, make 3.79.1 seems to be the most common version -- it's in both RH8 and RH9, and apparently in Debian woody too -- so it's probably the oldest that's worth supporting.

Dustin