quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Applying local patches for new upstream releases

From: Peter Williams
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Applying local patches for new upstream releases
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:58:25 +1000

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
On Monday 10 October 2005 15:32, Ferran Jorba wrote:

I don't know how to deal graciously with their upstream releases, as when I
untar them, they produce, as customary, a new directory.  How do I get my,
say, 0.7.0 patches and apply them to my 0.7.1?

Create a copy of thirdparty-0.7.0/patches in thirdparty-0.7.1/, and apply the patches with quilt push. Don't copy the .pc directory.

It would be nice to have a quilt "archive" command to create a tar archive of the patches as it would be very useful for this type of thing. For a start it would ideally only include those files in the patches directory that are still relevant to the patch set and this would help a lot.

Peter
--
Peter Williams                                   address@hidden

 -- Ambrose Bierce