quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: config-cc patch

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: config-cc patch
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:36:15 +0200

Helly dudes,

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 12:52:51PM +1000, John Vandenberg wrote:
> On 8/13/05, Jean Delvare <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > As a side note, I noticed that we are compiling with -g by default.
> > Can't we change that? It doesn't seem correct to me.
>
> Sounds like a good idea.  The updated patch discards autoconf CFLAGS,
> and allows both of the following:
>
> ./configure CFLAGS="-O2"
>
> make CLAGS="-g"

It's quite usual to compile with the debugging symbols by default and then
strip them at package generation time.

It's even requested by debian policy to not strip at that time (and make
sure the debugging symbols are in place) when a certain env var is set.
So, if you do the effort to actually do this minor cleaning, it'll ask me
some effort work here.

The gain don't really worth the efforts, do they?

Bye, Mt.