quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] linux 2.6 kernel changes to support quilt

From: Joe Green
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] linux 2.6 kernel changes to support quilt
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:23:09 -0700

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
I don't think this stands a chance of going in upstream in this form; dragging quilt specifics into kernel makefiles doesn't seem a very good idea to me.

No, I agree, though I did see there was a patch similar patch posted on lkml a few months ago (without the quiltrc support).

The part of the kernel Makefile the patch changed already lists the directories for CVS, BitKeeper, Subversion and SCCS, so there is some precedent, but I don't know how widely used quilt is.

--
Joe Green <address@hidden>
MontaVista Software, Inc.