quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Feature request: call several commands in one run

From: Dean Roehrich
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Feature request: call several commands in one run
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:23:48 -0500

>From:  Martin Quinson <address@hidden>

>there is one feature that I would love in quilt. The ability to run
>something like:
>$ quilt refresh , pop -a
>
>because I'm sick of typing:
>$ quilt refresh
>$ quilt pop -a

How about "quilt pop -ar"
Then even "quilt pop -r" would be useful.

Or maybe "quilt refresh -p" (-p == pop)

and "quilt refresh -pa" (-p == pop, -a all) The problem here is that one might
naturally think that it would do this:
        while applied
                refresh
                pop
        done
And while I have wanted that a time or two, I don't think it's a good thing for
general consumption.

Don't create a commandline that uses a comma as part of its syntax--that's
ridiculous.  You may as well use a semicolon and stick in another "quilt".

Dean