Using -spice command

From: Serdar Bahar
Subject: Using -spice command
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 00:18:22 +0300

Hello,

I'm trying to enable Spice in my virtual machine. In order to do that, I've found that I should append my booting command line with an option like this : "-spice port=3001...". However, when I try this, I get the error: "qemu-system-x86_64: -spice: invalid option". I'm using an Apple Silicon macOS. How can I solve this problem? I can see that -spice is included in user documentation of QEMU and I'm sure that I'm using the correct version (8.2.1).

Thank you in advance for your help,

Serdar Bahar