qemu tracing

From: hgedek
Subject: qemu tracing
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 14:12:32 +0100

hello guys,

I read about qemu - tracing from tutorial and I wish to test it with our system.

we are using qemu to test our pci devices. and I wish to learn how to activate qemu tracing.

I set:

- configuring and building qemu with --enable-trace-backends=simple

I wish to learn how to see traces or where to check ? because Im calling qemu from inside of my application ( from thread ) so its a thread activated inside.

I followed those steps:

2. Create a file with the events you want to trace:

   echo memory_region_ops_read >/tmp/events

3. Run the virtual machine to produce a trace file:

    qemu --trace events=/tmp/events ... # your normal QEMU invocation
    = passing -trace events=/tmp/events to qemu_main

4. Pretty-print the binary trace file:

    ./scripts/simpletrace.py trace-events-all trace-* # Override * with QEMU <pid>

I don't have qemu-pid -
So any idea ?

Thanks